#4 What Happens If We’re Infected with Ransomware?
To view this post in a video click here ⇒ https://sho.co/1DYCD
Do not fall prey to crooks who are attacking your computers.
Do not do it.
Why? Because you do not have to.
Crooks (that is what they are) use Ransomware to lock up data. Maybe your data, right?
They won’t let you have your data back unless or until you pay them money, right? Wrong! Consider good data backup, like Image Based Backups.
What if you had an exact copy of all of your data tucked safely away from the crooks? When you have data that is backed up, you will not need to pay a ransom to get your data back now, would you?
You could just access your data from your backup, right? Easy peasy.
One ransomware hit is a cybersecurity disaster that can cripple your business. Recovery operations like:
- Restoring your data and systems through backups are expensive.
- Complications like regulatory headaches.
- Harm to business relationships.
- Damaged client confidence.
If you pay the ransom it’s a huge expense, and there’s no guarantee that the cybercriminals didn’t copy or sell your data anyway. Did you know:
- 85% of IT professionals report (from experience) ransomware as the #1 threat to businesses
- One in five small businesses report that they have fallen victim to a ransomware attack
- The cost of downtime is on average 23 times greater than the ransom amount requested
- The average ransom demand is $5,900.00 compared to the average cost of downtime at $141,000.00
- 34% of businesses hit with ransomware took a week or more to regain access to their data
Easy peasy fix
In light of this global attack known as Ransomware, here at DTS InfoTech, once again, for the umpteenth time we are shaking our heads in disbelief that companies are still being victimized.
Why? Because it’s such an easy thing to prevent in the first place with Image Based Backups. Easy? Yes! Easy.
Are you ready to defend your organization? Are you sure? If not, DTS InfoTech Can Help.
Most small businesses do not have the expertise, tech-savvy, or time for Ransomware. If this describes you, we can help.
If you would like more information, give us a call, we're always happy to chat, and the call is FREE! Calls are always free.
Dedicated to your success,
Wally Moore/Business Development Manager
secure computer networks that work