Data Backup and Disaster Recovery is the headline for our third and final post on this critical topic to businesses of all sizes.
If you ever have to recover from a data erasing disaster at your business and you’re prepared, you’ll be able to say, “I’ve been there, I’ve done that and it saved my business!”
But if you’re not prepared or you’re not sure about data backup to begin with, well . . . you should continue reading.
We’re posting this blog for everyone who feels unprepared for this and for those who did not choose the responsibility of Data Backup and Disaster Recovery at the company you work for.
For this week let’s talk about:
Data Backup and Disaster Recovery
and 3 reasons for small businesses
to consider storing data in the cloud.
(By the way, cloud storage just means you’re keeping your files in a physical location other than your office and that data is online and available through the Internet. For example, if you’ve used Google’s Gmail service, you’ve used the cloud).
#1 - 50% of businesses that lost their data (for 10 days) filed for bankruptcy immediately.
#2 - 93% of companies that lost their data for (10 days) filed within one year of the disaster.
#3 - IT outages cost SMBs an average of $12,500.00 per day.
What this means is larger businesses could stay in business a little longer, but 9 out of 10 still filed for bankruptcy within one year.
At DTS InfoTech, we use and recommend the following:
- Onsite local backups AND offsite backups to the Cloud.
- Creating an image of your server and PC’s saves you the time of re-installing and re-configuring.
- Someone monitoring the backups.
- Consistent validation and test restores.
- A written Disaster Recovery Plan.
Client testimonial . . .
The very first time DTS InfoTech visited with me at my office they told me my data backups were not working . . . Having good data backups is critical to my business, so I told them I needed to get my data backed up immediately if that was at all possible. They explained what options were available to me, and after deciding what I wanted to do they started backing up my data within minutes using their cloud service. I was impressed because it seemed so fast and easy.
Sue Hjort - Ohanesian CPA
What cloud service is Sue talking about?
- CloudScape, from DTS, featuring Datto – recipients of multiple industry awards.
- Data centers are located in Reading, Pennsylvania, Salt Lake City, Utah, as well as in Canada, U.K., and Australia. Data is stored in military-grade, SSAE 16 Type II certified secure facilities.
- Data is encrypted using 256 bit AES encryption.
What are the benefits?
- Automated data backups and business continuity.
- Full server “disk image” backups capture all server data including Exchange and SQL Server.
- File Restoration is available 24/7.
- Login and view your information online.
- Frees you from tape and hard drive rotation, monitoring and worry.
- Daily verification of encrypted backups by fully booting each backup as virtual machine.
- Disaster recovery within 24 hours. Business uptime in as little as one hour.
How do I determine if this is right for me?
- Let DTS InfoTech perform an assessment of your current backup system and security.
- We’ll review your backups and Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Perform a speed test and network analysis.
- Review your network documentation.
The evaluation is nice because you get to see us in action. You’ll see that we know what we’re doing at no cost to you, and you’ll know if you want to do business with us.
Call us today to schedule your FREE evaluation. 503.359.1275
Dedicated to your success,
dts|infotech . . . computer networks that work