Please raise your hand if you've ever felt unqualified to hire a computer consultant that will manage all of your computers and technology for your business.
Because this hire is so critical to your success, when you really think about it, you're hit with an uneasy feeling that you simply don’t know how to hire a computer consultant for your business, killing any confidence you may have felt. It's daunting enough to find the right consultant – never mind finding one that is responsive, truly qualified and fairly priced that you can trust.
Well, there’s good news!
Hiring a qualified computer consultant doesn’t have to be that daunting. With our guideline “What Every Business Owner Must Know About Hiring an Honest, Competent, Responsive and Fairly Priced Computer Consultant” - free download here - you can learn to ask the right questions and qualify a prospective consultant in or out. All without the worry of not knowing what to do, or how to manage the process.
Why Did I Create This Guide And Who Should Read It?
I’ve written this guide to answer your dilemma, “I need to hire a computer consultant, but I don’t know how to do it.”
I want you to read this guide like you’re reading a letter from a good friend, someone you really trust, your “go to” person because they tell you the truth. They’ll tell you what you need to know, not what you want to hear and they tell you because they care about you.
As someone who has hired and worked with numerous computer consultants over the years (including IT companies) and one who has worked for two different IT companies for many years, I am going to tell you the things I’ve learned and know to be absolutely true.
Why am I doing this?
Because some of the materials I’ve read on the subject of hiring computer consultants (written by IT companies) are simply not telling the whole truth. They’re not lying. They’re just trying to sell you, the business owner, on why you should hire them.
My approach is not to sell you, it’s to educate you.
I’m not trying to sell you because even if you LIKE what I’ve written and you’re IN our area of the world, then MAYBE you’ll call me when you need some help. But even then, after ALL of that, we may NOT do business with each other simply because there’s not a good FIT with the service we provide and what you actually NEED. There is only a small chance that you will hire us. So relax, I’m not trying to sell you anything, I’m just going to tell you the truth.
Read this guide and you’ll discover:
• The “embarrassing little secret” to the computer repair industry that most people don’t know and will never be told by their IT guy (knowing this ALONE could save you from wasting tons of money and untold aggravation when outsourcing to a computer consultant).
• 5 rules you need to know before hiring an IT Support company.
• 20 Revealing questions that will help you instantly spot an unethical or incompetent computer consultant in minutes.
• 4 Costly misconceptions most business owners have about computer maintenance and repair; one you will need to know BEFORE you even pick up the phone.
• 5 Mistakes to avoid when choosing a computer consultant.
• Why “cheap” or “lowest price” computer repair shops aren’t the bargain they initially appear to be.
• The one surefire sign that you should run – not walk – away from a computer consulting firm.
In our next post we’ll talk about: Buyer Beware: The Computer Repair and Consulting Industry Is NOT Regulated
If you want to skip this blog and just read the guide, Download the Business Advisory Guide Here. If you’re not ready to do that, then just read these posts when they come out. When you're done, you'll know what questions to ask. And the answers will show you the computer consultant most qualified to help you.
Return to IT Services page.Dedicated to your success,
Wally Mooredts|infotech . . . computer networks that work